As a tattoo artist, the two things that you require the most are skill and a great tattoo machine. The quality of a tattoo depends as much on the machine as it does on your skills. Plus, you would also need to make your studio look professionally aesthetic. This is why you must take time and do your research before you invest in your tattoo machine. But to save you some trouble, we have curated a list of the 10 top-rated tattoo machine kits. Read on and learn all about them!
What Is A Tattoo Machine Kit?
A tattoo kit contains a tattoo machine and other accessories that are used in the process of creating tattoos. Tattoo kits are available in different sizes. While some machines are designed to apply just one color, others can be used for multiple colors. These kits let you create a sterile and safe environment to make tattoos. Tattoo machines are often sold in kits so that you can have all you need hassle-free.
10 Best Tattoo Machine Kits
1. Best For Beginners & Experts Alike – DragonHawk 2 Machine Tattoo Kit
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, you can comfortably use the Dragon Hawk tattoo machine. The kit includes two machines – one for lining and the other for shading with its 10 wrap coils and brass coils. This pair of tattoo machines feature an LED digital power supply with a clip cord and foot pedal. There are 20 unique color inks to meet all your tattooing needs. The kit also includes EO sterilized tattoo needles, tips, and more accessories. Its power supply lasts for a long time and operates machines efficiently with accurate voltage adjustments. This machine has a unique spring design that reduces damage to the skin.
- Easy gun setup
- Homogenised color
- Consistent quality
- Highly pigmented color
- Ergonomically designed
- Odd sound
2. Best For Beginners – Solong Tattoo Rotary Pen
This Rotary Tattoo Pen from Solong Tattoo is designed to give a beginner the confidence they need to improve their skills. It’s made using aircraft aluminum material, making it lightweight and easy to handle and work efficiently for long hours. The anodized finish gives it a modern look and a touch of irresistible class. Its robust motor offers the power and stability you need to create high-quality designs. It operates at low noise and won’t get hot even after many hours of continuous working. In the kit, you’ll find 50 pieces of cartridge needles and a powerful tattoo battery. You can use this tattoo kit for permanent eyebrows makeup, lip, and eye line.
- Enhanced precision
- Long-lasting battery
- Operates quietly
- Shades very well
- Can’t use it while charging
3. Best For Professional Artists – Gbrand LQ Rotary Tattoo Kit
If you’re planning to make tattooing a profession, Gbrand gives a robust and reliable tattoo machine kit that can get you started strong. It is made from space aluminum alloy, which makes it lightweight. It performs at a speed of 9000R/min. The power of a high-quality German motor ensures stability to let you make every tattoo design with precision. The machine is compatible with all cartridge needles. It offers a continuous and stable power supply. The kit has dual switch mode, which allows you to create tattoos without stepping on the drive. What makes this tattoo kit outstanding is its low-noise speed operation.
- Convenient design
- Bonus supply of ink cups
- Ergonomically designed
4. Best On-The-Go Tattoo Kit – Dragonhawk Full 2pcs Coil Tattoo Machine
The Dragonhawk Full 2pcs Coil Tattoo Machine kit contains one machine for shading and another one for lining. Both have 10 wrap coils and work perfectly. Their high-end construction helps to minimize fatigue, especially if you are working with it for long hours. The power supply comes with a clip cord and foot pedal for quick and accurate activation. In the kit, you’ll find 20 pieces of sterilized needles with disposable tips. It also comes with a travel case, transfer papers, practice skin, and some supplies that you’ll find very useful. It’s also a great choice for professional tattooing.
- Easy assembling
- High-quality construction
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Enhanced precision
- Small case
5. Best For Large-Scale Work – Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Kit
The Mast Pen Rotary has a space aluminum frame that is designed to handle large-scale day-to-day tattoo artwork. This tattoo machine features a powerful motor with a high-end gear system for unlimited reliability and operation at low noise. Its ergonomic and pen-style design is easy to handle and gives precise tattooing. The cartridge needles come with a unique shell design that increases ink absorbency and storage. These needles are made with care and perfection to ensure the well-being of your clients. The carry case makes it easily portable.
- Noiseless operation
- Easy to change needles
- Can use power supply even without the foot pedal
- Less vibration
- Stable operation
6. Best Lightweight Machine – Wormhole Rotary Tattoo Pen
Learn how to create tattoos like a pro with this amazing starter tattoo pen machine kit. This rotary tattoo pen by Wormhole is made with lightweight aluminum alloy. The excellent stability allows precision. The metal grinding technology makes it easy for handling for long hours of work. You can use this machine for lining and shading. It is compatible with all tattoo cartridge needles. The kit includes a rotary tattoo pen with a RCA cord, 1 power supply with cable, 40 cartridges needles, 1-foot pedal, and 1 bandage.
- Convenient pen-style design
- Perfect power supply
- Easy setup and use
- Low quality ink
7. Best Tattoo Kit With Strong Torque – Hawink Rotary Tattoo Pen Gun
The Hawink Rotary Tattoo Pen Gun is designed to offer unmatched precision and reliability. The kit includes a rotary tattoo pen, tattoo needles, tattoo grips, foot pedal, and power supply. The ergonomic pen-style design offers proper grip, which helps you to create tattoos with greater ease and precision. The power supply is consistent, and you can work with it for hours at a time. Moreover, the machine does not overheat. It is also compatible with all cartridge needles.
- Wireless convenience
- Long-lasting stability
- No vibration
- Low noise
8. Best Vibration-Free Kit – Stigma Rotary Tattoo Kit
Stigma Rotary Tattoo Kit is a powerful motor combined with a top-notch gear system to provide a reliable and quiet operation with no vibrations. It helps you produce the best designs for your clients. Its ergonomic and lightweight pen-style design makes it easy to handle and work with for hours. It comes with a set of two batteries so that you can use one battery while the other one is charging. This rotary tattoo machine kit comes with 20 pieces of sterilized and individually packed cartridges. It is also compatible with all types of cartridge needles.
- Easy setup
- Wireless design
- Not for bigger tattoos
9. Best Noiseless Machine – Hawink Wireless Tattoo Machine Rotary Pen Kit
The Hawink Wireless Tattoo Machine Rotary Pen has a powerful lithium battery, which runs for up to 6 hours after it is fully charged once. The 5-level adjustment feature gives you a customized experience with this machine. It operates silently with very low vibration but is powerful enough to get the job done. Its lightweight and portable design allows you to work with it for hours without getting tired or compromising on precision. The tattoo kit comes with 20 pieces of cartridge needles for lining and shading, ink cups, grip cover wrap, and transfer paper.
- Suitable for small designs
- Easy setup
- Easy to hold
10. Best Kit For Permanent Makeup – Tatelf G12 Rotary Tattoo Pen Machine Kit
The Tatelf G12 Rotary Tattoo Pen Machine Kit is compatible with all cartridge needles for tattooing. It comes with 6 inks bottles which you can use for practicing. The kit has 20 pieces of cartridge needles and ten pieces of tattoo ink cups. The machine operates quietly, thanks to its robust motor and a high-end gear system. It also vibrates less than any coil machine gun available. It’s made of aviation aluminum that makes it lightweight and easy for handling. You can use this machine for permanent tattoo makeup, including liner, lip, and eyebrows.
- Non-slip handle
- Adjustable knob
- Compact design
- Thin power cord
The importance of choosing and purchasing the right tattoo kits can’t be emphasized enough. And if you are a beginner in this area, read the section below to know how you can choose the best tattoo machine kit based on your requirements.
How To Choose The Best Tattoo Kit
- Level Of Skill – If you’re new to the business, it may help to go for a tattoo machine starter kit. That will give you all the necessary tattoo accessories without spending too much. But if you are a professional, you may want to go for a machine that lets you work with different colors and techniques and absolute precision so that you can produce the best tattoo arts.
- Accessories – Check the accessories the kit provides. A lot of brands have small items such as gloves and rubber bands. Sometimes, kits can come with flash sheets as well. A typical tattoo kit ought to include all the basic instruments that you need for the job like a tattoo machine, a motor for the machine, different types of needles, different colors, etc. Make sure that your kit has all the items that you require.
- Ease of use – Whether you’re a beginner or expert, you need a machine that is easy to use. It must be lightweight and easy to hold. It must feel convenient in your hands. The top-notch machines are designed so that they offer the feel of a real pen. Plus, the assembling should also be hassle-free. The vibration and noise should be low and tolerable for long working hours.
- Battery Life – For a tattoo kit that operates on battery, you must ensure that the battery doesn’t die too soon. High-quality battery packs can enable a machine to run for 3 to 6 hours when it is fully charged.
- Length Of Cords – If you decide to go for a wired machine kit, ensure that the cord is long enough to offer you the lenience to move around with it.
There are different types of tattoo machines that perform different functions and work on different techniques. Based on the kind of art you produce, you will need a special tattoo kit. The section below discusses a few things about different tattoo kits.
Types Of Tattoo Kits
- Liner Tattoo Kit– It comes with a liner machine that is used to make the base for the tattoo. It creates the basic outline and fine details like line work. The machine utilizes a set of needles often arranged in a circle. It has wrap coils and an armature bar, and it operates with the help of electromagnets.
- Shader Tattoo Kit– This kit has a shader machine that is used to color in the outline and add depth and shading. The machine utilizes a lot of needles that are arranged in flat rows. This kind of machine is slightly heavier than a liner one. It may feature large coils to provide the machine with enough power to color a large shading area.
- Rotary Tattoo Kit– This kit will have a rotary machine that is used as a shader or a liner. This machine uses a wheel to drive the needles instead of the coil. The rotary tattoo machine runs on a motor and it’s less noisy. Some modern rotary machines have three functions in one (3-in-1 design): lining and shading on bodies, lips, and eyebrows. These types of tattoo kits are suitable for those who can do tattoo makeup and body art.
- Neuma Tattoo Kit– A neuma machine is the most advanced tattoo machine on the market. It utilizes a compressed air system to operate needles. This system can sterilize the machine automatically, a feature that you won’t find in the earlier models.
- Handmade Tattoo Kit– Professional tattoo artists make this with their own skills to satisfy their needs. That means that no two handmade tattoo machines are alike. More processing time and money are needed for these types of machines. However, they can be a perfect choice when you have some special requirements that standard machines can’t handle.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional, you need a reliable model to get the work done. Buying the right kit doesn’t have to be a daunting process. Our review and buying guide above is carefully created to help you find a dependable machine kit without any hassle. Now that you have the appropriate machine to choose for your needs, place the order and get started as soon as it arrives!
- 10 Best Tattoo Pen Machines In 2021
- 10 Best Coil Tattoo Machines To Get Yourself Inked In 2021 (Buying Guide)
- The 7 Best Permanent Makeup Machines of 2021
- 10 Best Eyebrow Tattoo Pens